CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Review: Little Miss Red by Robin Palmer

Title: Little Miss Red
Author: Robin Palmer
Pages: 272
Published: Feb. 9, 2010
Rating: 3.5/5

Summary:

Sophie Greene gets good grades, does the right thing, and has a boyfriend that her parents— and her younger brother—just love. (Too bad she doesn’t love him.) Sophie dreams of being more like Devon Deveraux, star of her favorite romance novels, but, in reality, Sophie isn’t even daring enough to change her nail polish. All of that changes when Sophie goes to Florida to visit her grandma Roz, and she finds herself seated next to a wolfishly goodlooking guy on the plane. The two hit it off, and before she knows it, Sophie’s living on the edge. But is the drama all it’s cracked up to be?

Review:

Robin Palmer is the queen of putting a fun and more modern spin on classic fairy tales. Little Miss Red doesn't disappoint. The main character, Sophie starts off shallow, aspiring to be like Devon Deveraux, her favorite romance novel character. Throughout the book, she learns that guys like those on the covers of romance novels aren't always so dreamy. She gets advice on love from her mentor, a bootylicious Floridian and also her Grandmother and even gets a first hand glimpse of "real life" romance. She ends up teaching a few lessons to the men in her life, and being taught a few from the people around her.

I went back and forth liking the characters. Sophie was the quintessential LA girl found in Palmer's novels. Michael, her boyfriend started off so completely clueless that I wanted to hug him, then shake him a little to see if he rattled. I despised Jack from the very beginning, but only because I could see his game coming from a mile away and I've been on the receiving end of characters like him before.

Little Miss Red is another fun novel from Robin Palmer. Fans of her previous works will definitely enjoy it!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, awesome review! I haven't read this one yet, but I really like Robin Palmer. I'll have to check it out :)

I just noticed your from KY, me too! I'm from Lexington, what part are you from?

Robin Palmer said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the book - and that you totally understood what I was trying to do ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails